corn and beans- finished!

It's been a very busy week.  I took these pictures on Monday afternoon and just haven't had time to post.
I started my Corn and Beans quilt back in January of 2009.  It is now finished in May of 2013.
 

 The first setback was deciding on a border.  I had planned a pieced border but never got started on it.
 After a while in the ufo pile I decided on an appliqued border.  I'm glad I did because it's my favorite part of the quilt.
 Then I couldn't decide how to quilt it.  I wanted to handquilt the border but not the pieced center.  I would have machine quilted it but I didn't know what to do in the border.  This time it sat in the ufo pile a long time.
 
I basted it for handquilting  in Dec and I'm glad I did.  It's not my best handquilting -I found the center was challenging.  But, it is now finished, it is soft and cuddly and I look forward to using it when I get it back after the show.  It only took 5 months to quilt in contrast to the year and 5 months it took to machine quilt the Courthouse steps quilt. I find handquilting so much more fun and relaxing  than machine quilting! 
I hope to post the Courthouse steps quilt this weekend.  The Heritage Park quilt show is on Saturday - I can't wait!  I wish the weather forecast was better -it may have to be indoors.  But, there are over 800 quilts in the show and DD#1 even put one in this year :0)
 
Happy Quilting!!